Connie's Reviews > Beautifully Broken

Beautifully Broken by Sherry Soule

Oct 01, 11

Read from September 30 to October 01, 2011

I really liked the overall story. The concept is great, and there are some unexpected moments. Here are my thoughts, starting with the bad and ending on the positive.

Cons:
Shiloh occasionally drove me a little nuts. As other reviewers have mentioned, her dialogue didn't always work. Yes, she's a teenager. But at 16 I knew not to say "Yup" and "No prob" in the middle of an important job interview.

There were inconsistencies. Sometimes something was said or happened. The most glaring one happens at the end. How to put this without a spoiler? A character denied knowing something. Then in the next sentence said that the fact was known, but not right away. Then a few lines later, says that the fact was known as it was happening. All of this said not as if caught in a lie, but as if statement was true. Which was it? It was an important issue, but it passed unnoticed.

I also have to agree with another reviewer who said that Shiloh and Trent seemed more in lust than love. By the end, though, I believe they did fall in love. It just didn't strike me as love all the way through.

Pros:
Great story.
Character growth on Shiloh's part.
I really liked Claire, Evans, Ari, and Lauren.
Really steamy scenes between Trent and Shiloh.
Jillian and Esael bring the creepy factor. Actually, I thought Jillian was creepier. *G*

I'll read the next book, Beautifully Haunted, when it comes out at the end of next month.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautifully Broken.