Becky's Reviews > Savor

Savor by Megan Duncan

Oct 08, 11

Read from October 07 to 08, 2011

I just want to say WOW. I love Megan Duncan's style of writing and this story is original and captivating.

Claire has just turned 18 and has to register for a Blood ID card. The Royal Family are all vampires, and the people of the land have to donate blood each month as food for them. The land is peaceful and the vampires rule fairly. Claire then gets invited to be adopted by the royal family - to become their princess. Leaving her world behind Claire embarks on a dangerous journey.

I loved the idea of a having a Vampire Monarchy and a sort of truce between the people, it's a different idea and really works. I was worried that it would take some of the danger and mystery out of the vampires but when you met them they still had it!

Claire makes friends with a young Vampire named Robin - I love her. She is so lively, fiesty, fun and cheeky. Such a big personality that leaps out of the book. Claire also has her enemies, Ana another vampire seems to have it in for Claire, any mention of her evil glares or spitting comments had the hairs on the back of my neck lifting.

Of course the book includes a super hot love interest. Dmitry catches Claire's eye, and you keep wondering if they will every get together. There is the start of a love triangle in the book and a massive twist at the end that I never saw coming. I already know which 'team' I'm on, but I'm not going to give it away.

The descriptions in this book were wonderful, I could really picture the palace and the people, even the ball gowns and decorations. It felt like I was there.

I have never read a 365 page book so quickly, but I enjoyed every second and found it hard to pull away.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Savor.