Jess (Gone with the Words)'s Reviews > Lost in Time

Oct 13, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, read-2011
Read from October 10 to 13, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Read this review on my blog! --> Lost in Time by Melissa de la Cruz

What I love most about the way this series is written, is the many point-of-views you get in each book. Since book one, we’ve been able to get several sides to this story. All very compelling. All incredibly interesting.

Lost In Time picks up after Bloody Valentine, and oh, boy...it is romantic and steamy! Especially since it begins with Jack and Schuyler (Pronounced: Sky-ler), being coupley with each other, and the love they have for one another just pours out of these pages. I loved it! This theme continues with them throughout the book, even after they go through some pretty scary battles.

Mimi and Oliver’s journey to the seventh (circle of Hell) to rescue Kingsley is picturesque, and pretty uneventful, up until the end. The build up of the Mimi/Kingsley reunion was full of anticipation! Unfortunately, Kingsley had other plans, and I wondered if the trip was going to turn out differently. For a while, I was preparing myself for disappointment, Melissa de la Cruz delivered beautifully in the end. *sigh* And Mimi ended up really surprising me, showing the most heart ever.

The story I wasn’t expecting to read in this book was that of Michael and Gabrielle, a.k.a. Charles Force and Allegra Van Alen. Since reading the short story of how Allegra and Ben, Schuyler’s father, met in Bloody Valentine, I’ve been curious as to how the rest played out. We get the full, heartbreaking story here. I actually felt pity for Charles Force! He really loves Allegra unconditionally...enough to even let her go and love another man.

I didn’t want this book to end...but sadly, it did...and the final book, The Gates of Paradise, will not be out until January 2013!! *sobs* We are left with some cliffhangers! Mimi and Jack! Schuyler, Oliver, and Kingsley! Charles and Allegra! I wish I could go further into the endings, but that would be completely spoilery for you guys. Just know you won’t be disappointed. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost in Time.

10/10/2011 page 5
1.0% "Oh, how I've missed Jack Force...*swoon*" 4 comments
10/10/2011 page 29
8.0% "Oh, hell no!! You leave my Ollie alone!!"
show 5 hidden updates…