Toneeshia's Reviews > You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Stories to Read Together

You Read to Me, I'll Read to You by Mary Ann Hoberman

Sep 30, 11

bookshelves: children-s-literature
Read on September 29, 2011

You Read to Me, I'll Read to You is a children's poetry book for primary aged children. This book is written as a conversation between two people. The shape of the poems goes along with each person alternates lines and then say some together, it is color coordinated according to which person says which line. The theme is two people taking turns reading to each other hence the title. The language used is simple and easy to understand. All of the poems are verses. I gave You Read to Me, I'll Read to You two stars because it is a mediocre book at best. The verses are uninteresting. The illustrations correspond to the text however, do not grab my attention mostly because there is a significant lack of bold or bright color. While reading I did not feel compelled to even look at the illustrations. I think the repetition at the end of each poem would be appealing to children simply because it includes them in the reading. In a classroom setting I would use this book as a reading lesson. I would have the children practice their reading skills by pairing them up and assigning a color to each child to read aloud in turn.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Read to Me, I'll Read to You.