Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews)'s Reviews > Blood

Blood by K.J. Wignall

Sep 30, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in August, 2011

Here is a story that I really enjoyed. Will's vampire character and Eloise's as his sidekick really worked for me. Will has awoken after several years and soon finds that he has risen for a reason. He is determined to find his maker and answer all the questions he has never truly tried to find an answer for before.
Eloise reminds me of an old friend. She is the one that the readers will connect with the most. After Will awakens, he is drawn to Eloise and she becomes his companion to help find his answers. She is skeptical but very open minded.
The writing was great! I really enjoyed walking through the streets, having the building described and picturing what it would be like to be with them. Will lives beneath an old Cathedral and imagining the structure, it's artwork and the mystery of what lies below was entertaining for me.
The ending does leave you with more questions, so I think that this is a beginning of a series, and one that I am very intrigued to find out what happens next Blood (Mercian Trilogy)
Well as you can see, when I googled the link above for the book it does show it's going to be a Trilogy so that makes me very excited to know that I will be able to read more about these two characters! And especially to have some of my questions answered.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood.