Bethany's Reviews > Outpost

Outpost by Ann Aguirre

Sep 30, 2011

bookshelves: sequels, dystopian, post-apocalyptic, zombies, books-i-own, sci-fi
Read from October 16 to November 02, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outpost.

message 1: by Chels M. (new)

Chels M. Was Enclave worth the reading? :]

Bethany Chels Murdock. wrote: "Was Enclave worth the reading? :]"

Definitely. Its one of my favorites of the genre.

message 3: by Chels M. (new)

Chels M. Bethany wrote: "Chels Murdock. wrote: "Was Enclave worth the reading? :]"

Definitely. Its one of my favorites of the genre."

I was trying to avoid Enclave because of the love part of it. I don´t know. I find quite boring how some authors treat that departament in their books. Hope Enclave wasn´t like that :]

message 4: by Bethany (last edited Oct 18, 2012 11:27AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bethany Well, the nice part about Enclave is that the main character(Deuce) is an appealing character. She's super tough, but because of the world she has grown up in, she is also really naive. She doesn't really have a frame of reference for love. So, its not the typical YA romance where their so drawn to each other and she just can't breathe without him. They kinda bond over more of a companionship and need for survival. It's not fluffy kittens type romance. You should definitely give it a try. i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

message 5: by Chels M. (new)

Chels M. Bethany wrote: "Well, the nice part about Enclave is that the main character(Deuce) is an appealing character. She's super tough, but because of the world she has grown up in, she is also really naive. She doesn't..."

Sounds good! I think I´ll give it a try (I´m borrowing it from a friend for sure :P). Thanks!