Midu Hadi's Reviews > Bridger

Bridger by Megan Curd

Dec 15, 11

bookshelves: books-about-the-fae, fantasy, romance, swords-and-sorcery
Recommended for: young adult romance fans
Read on December 15, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** I got this book to read and review from the Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics! I liked the book- it began well, the story was good but it did suffer from the main-character-is-too-stupid-to-see-what-was-right-in-front-of-her syndrome. For about a quarter of the book, Ash got on my nerves. For the rest of the story, I could put up with her enough to enjoy the story. The other problem I had was the Changelings bad and humans good concept. But I'm sure the author has plans to dispel that notion since Ash already starts to feel bad for the Changelings in the sneak peek given for the sequel. I loved the Irish cousins and would love to read more about them in the next book. Ash's mother and father are two other characters I'd have liked to know more about. Ankou was just the right amount of creepy, though I'm sure he'll up it a notch in the next book and Jamie had the exact bitch ingredients that I'd have liked in her. I'd also like to mention that I never even knew when the book reached its end, I was that absorbed into it. Can't wait for the sequel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bridger.

Quotes Midu Liked

Megan Curd
“I liked this.  I liked this a lot.  Memaw said a boy would woo me.  I had just been wooed in one evening’s conversation.  If my hunch was right, he seemed to be wooed by me as well. He wasn’t even blind. This could be good.”

Megan Curd
“Nearing two a.m., Liam stretched and yawned, smiling at me. “Don’t you have jet-lag or something? I’ve kept you up too late.” His smile was impossible not to reciprocate. I could feel a smile blossoming unwillingly across my face.
“It’s okay. Your mom paid me to stay up and talk to you.”
He didn’t even miss a beat. “Well that’s good, since Emily sent a check over in advance for my services to keep you out of trouble.”

Megan Curd
“You know I’m here no matter what, right?”
“Yeah, I know. I appreciate it.”
“You mean the world to me.”
I buried my face into his shoulder. “You know you mean the world to me, too.”
“I’m serious, though.  If we could make some money off of you…”
Megan Curd, Bridger

12/15/2011 "adrenaline rush..remind you of something?"
12/15/2011 "chapter 4: what the heck just happened!?"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nicole lol, I love reading your reviews, hehe

Midu Hadi why, though? :-)

Nicole Because you always have a slightly different perspective than me, and they usually always make me laugh

Midu Hadi Same reason that I look up your review before I write my own. :-D