Christine's Reviews > Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor

3219357
Sep 24, 12

bookshelves: adult, own-it
Read in May, 2012

I will read everything that Lisa Kleypas writes. While I tend to like her historical romances more than her other works, this book was adorable and cute. My only complaint is that it was too short!

As I said in my review of Forever and a Day, I tend to avoid or put off reading books that involve young children, as is the case here. I really should stop listening to that instinct since it delayed me from enjoying this book when it first came out. I should have known better than to doubt Lisa Kleypas, who ranks as one of my all-time favorite writers.

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor is the first of the Friday Harbor series, which centers around four siblings who live in Friday Harbor. Their sister has just died at the beginning of the book, and it kind of brings them back together as a family while two of them attempt to look after their niece.

Mark was so out of his depth with Holly, but it was precious to see him trying to do his best regardless. You could tell he really cared about this little girl. And Holly and Maggie’s interactions were cute as well. The chemistry between Mark and Maggie was perfect. It wasn’t love at first sight, though there was some definite lust, which is much more realistic. The actual liking each other came as they got to know each other better.

Overall, this book was adorable. I read through it in almost one sitting and wanted to hug it when I was through. If you haven’t started this series yet, what are you waiting for?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor.