Carl Ingebretsen's Reviews > Blockade Billy

Blockade Billy by Stephen King

Sep 30, 11

Read in September, 2011

I found it a little weird when I read the flap for Blockade Billy and found it to really, really appeal to me. I'm not a baseball fan, but I am a fan of Stephen King (I like his writing a lot, his stories... not so much) and I am especially a fan of dark secrets. So I ordered the book and was, as per usual with a King-story, a little disappointed by the dark secret. But I didn't hate the story. I liked the feel of it, the descriptions, the writing. I liked the way it was told, the way the secret was revealed, I liked the story of both the team and Blockade Billy himself. I'd give it three stars.

Now, "Morality" on the other hand, is a story that really, really worked for me. It's short, it's suspenseful, realistic, exciting and a blast to read. 4 stars.

Both of the stories are enjoyable, especially if you're a fan of Kings. They're worth the time it takes to read them, and the money it costs to buy them, especially if you're interested in King, Baseball, or just an uncomfortable "horror" story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blockade Billy.