Donna's Reviews > The Shop on Blossom Street

The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber

Aug 04, 12

bookshelves: fiction, books-for-trading, books-i-own
Recommended for: Anyone who has a heart
Read from February 22 to March 28, 2012, read count: 2
BCID: 11316313

I love this story. This is the second time I've read it but I guess I'm old enough now that stories will always be new each time. I love to knit myself and so I was drawn to this story because each book has a knitting pattern in the front. Lydia is a 2 time cancer survivor that opens a yarn store as an affirmation of life. She offers a knitting class and three women sign up. These women couldn't be more different in personality and even though they bump heads in the beginning they end up forging some close friendships. The characters in this story are great and I find myself wanting to know more about them. Each chapter has the name of the person it will be about instead of a title and I always find myself wanting to jump forward to read more about a certain person or situation. I especially like Alix.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shop on Blossom Street.

02/22/2012 page 18
4.0% ""I once asked my father why God wouldn't just let us know what tomorrow would bring. He said that not knowing the future is actually a gift because if we knew, we wouldn't take responsibility for our own lives, our own happiness.""
02/22/2012 page 20
5.0% ""Like the Viking conqueror who came ashore and burned his ships behind him, I had set my course. Succeed or go under.""