Brillare's Reviews > Bewitching Season

Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle

Jan 05, 09

Read in December, 2008

I really enjoyed this book; it wasn't perfect or an all time favorite, but it was still a pretty great read.

Pros:
1. Romantic. So, the romance was predictable, but it was still very fun to read. Lochinvar was suitably noble and passionate. :D
2. The conflict wasn't too unique - someone gets kidnapped, girls try to save kidnapee and uncover larger more serious situation. However, the magic, era, and setting pulled it off successfully and made it interesting.

Cons:
1. Persy would get very annoying with her constant self-criticism. I understand and pity her low self-esteem, but her talking about it all of the time was frustrating.
2. Persy and Pen had a strange relationship with their brother. Like, they were usually joking, I think, but they would mock him and call him an idiot for no reason at all. I think he was a pretty great little guy, and sometimes they seemed to pick on him more than necessary.

Overall, although I have some complaints, I really liked this book. It's the kind of book I'd like to own so I could have a reread once in awhile.

*Also, it was very clean. The romance was all good, and the swearing was very minor - just a few D*** and H***.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bewitching Season.

12/13/2008 page 50
14.2% "Pretty good"
12/15/2008 page 112
31.82% "Good, but Persy is annoying with her constant, "my twin is prettier." I pity her low self esteem and all, but she needs to get over it."
12/16/2008 page 331
94.03% "Romantic; I like it. :D Overall, this book has been rather predictable, but I've still enjoyed it. Sometimes Persy really annoys me, though"
01/03/2009 page 352
100.0% "I liked it fine."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cecelia Rae Persephone was , and is, my favorite character! Maybe it's because I have two younger sisters who are constantly calling me fat & ugly, but I can really relate to her. The ending is, in my humble opinion, spectacular. She really is a great fictional role model for all self-concious girls out there. I definitely give this book two thumbs up!