Giselle's Reviews > Touch

Touch by Jus Accardo

Oct 04, 11

bookshelves: arc, ebook, paranormal
Read from October 01 to 04, 2011

I love it when you don't know what to expect from a book and it ends up being awesome. Touch was the perfect example. I picked this up thinking it would be just another passable YA paranormal, but it was fantastic. It reminded me a lot of the TV show Heroes - people with supernatural abilities get locked up by this agency who want to use them for testing or for their own purposes. The energy vibrating from the book, though, was very much like The Summoning series by Kelley Armstrong - and had a similar plot line as well, but with it's own personality.

From the beginning, this book is exciting and very intriguing with tons of mystery and questions that keep you on your toes. I really enjoyed all of the characters. The protagonist, Dez, is determined and stubborn. I loved how the guy didn't take over for the heroine. The attention was always on Dez's story. There were guys in the novel, of course - just look at the hottie on the cover! - but they never down right took over.

The romance was very sweet. I found there was actually a lot of chemistry between Dez and Alex, as well as between Dez and Kale. Most of the book I was rooting for Alex, I found him much hotter. I think it's mostly due to Kale being a bit clueless. It made him seem juvenile compared to Alex. Kale was good for a laugh though. His innocence is hilarious. I loved that he has no sense of censorship; He just blurts out everything.

The best part of the book and what made it a 5-star for me, was the addictive quality of it. They're always on the run or making very risky plans. It was exciting through and through, and it was very hard to stop reading. The climax was also very satisfying. It wasn't abrupt and it wasn't overwhelming. It ended in a way that makes it obvious the story is not over but there is no cliffhanger. So now I can sleep better until the next book comes out. :)
47 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch.

73.0% "This is actually... awesome!!"

message 1: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Wow this sounds really good. Great review Giselle. :)

Giselle Thank Arlene. If you liked the Summoning trilogy you'll love this!

Wendy Darling Ohh, I do like The Summoning! Thanks for the heads up, Giselle. :)

message 4: by Ariana (new)

Ariana Sounds like a great story. Now that it's out I'll probably check it :)

message 5: by Ariana (new)

Ariana Or I'll wait until november..LOL :)))

Giselle Haha. It's on Netgalley if you wanna try to snatch it!
And Wendy I'm pretty sure you'd like this one! ;)

message 7: by Ariana (new)

Ariana I know it's there, but no such luck (my 22 followers didn't impress that much the publisher to approve my request, LOL).. November is pretty close though, so it's OK :)

Giselle Be proud of your 22 followers!! (I'm one of them! Yay!)

message 9: by Ariana (new)

Ariana I am :D
BTW, these days I'm searching for good books and I'm so happy when I see a 5 stars rating ;)) Keep reading good books and I'll keep adding them to my never-ending to-read list :))

Giselle Great! Mine is growing faster than I can read so that's never good. Especially on Sundays when I see what everyone else has bought on blogs.

Surin Thx for the review! I love heroes so I think I'll add this to my read list.

~Tina~ Great review! I'm really enjoying this one so far:)

Amber Great review! I can't wait to read this one.

message 14: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura I keep meaning to get to this one! I can’t wait now! Wonderful review, Giselle! I’m sold! :D