Bookphilia's Reviews > Hunger

Hunger by Michael  Grant

Jul 20, 14

bookshelves: post-apocalyptic, powers-not-witches
Read in February, 2013

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunger.

04/19/2012 page 69
12.0% "I am basically gonna take this slow because I am apparently reading three books at the same time. D:"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tatiyana White Oiy! This is one of my absolute favorite series right now!
Yes, savor it!

Bookphilia Tatiyana wrote: "Oiy! This is one of my absolute favorite series right now!
Yes, savor it!"

Ah, I had to give up on the second book until I'm done all these ARCs I have. D': I was kinda bored where ever I left off and have a feeling I'll like the rest of the series better than this book. lol

Actually, I pretty much know I will. I'm unable to push past a certain part in this book. But I shall savour it!

Have you read the Chaos Walking trilogy? SO GOOD.

Tatiyana White Goodness, how many ARCs do you have??? I received my first ever in July and my second three days later and now I have a third on the way!

No, yeah there are certain sections in Grant's book that drag and seem like a chore to get through which makes it easy to set them aside for awhile. But persevere!

Those are Patrick Ness, right? I'll have to check them out!

Bookphilia Tatiyana wrote: "Goodness, how many ARCs do you have??? I received my first ever in July and my second three days later and now I have a third on the way!

No, yeah there are certain sections in Grant's book that ..."

They are Ness and they are worth every penny and millisecond you put into them. He's phenomenal.

I do tend to get many more ARCs because I'm also a bookseller that has connections at Random House. :D In fact, most of the books I've read I've borrowed from work if they weren't given to me by publishers. I'm also a big fat cheat. If something comes in earlier than the release date and it's not supposed to be out, I'll read it anyway. lol

Also, I recently came into more ARCs because netgalley likes booksellers and usually approves their requests for e-arcs and the Random House Fall preview is coming up, which means tons of new fall stuff has arrived/is on its way.

Basically I'll never quit this job, even if it means working one measly 4 hour shift a week. Hahaha. Srsly, if you can, weasel your way into a bookstore.