Becca's Reviews > Seeds of Discovery

Seeds of Discovery by Breeana Puttroff

Oct 14, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, i-books, ya-gen-sci-fi, indie-author, 2011-release
Read from October 07 to 12, 2011

This indie author is currently offering a free copy of this book right here on goodreads. You should absolutely sign up. Go NOW. I'll wait. Sooo, now that you're back I've posted the goodreads summary & my impressions.

Goodreads summary: "Quinn Robbins is about to discover a secret that will change her life forever. On a winter evening, sixteen-year-old Quinn is driving home with her little sister when she almost hits a boy crossing the highway in an odd location. When she learns the identity of the boy, she also finds that his crossing the highway at strange times is the least of his odd behaviors. She has no idea that her curiosity is about to lead her on an adventure beyond her wildest imaginings."

My impressions: When Quinn nearly runs over the boy in the road, I had a quick flash back to Henry in the Goddess Test. Regardless of this feeling of familiarity, I was pulled into Quinn's story. Her reaction, her shakiness certainly implied there was more to her story than a missed car accident. Once she makes her discovery, the story takes an immediate twist and there's an almost timeless, fairy-tale quality to it. There are many "seedlings" left unanswered {can see some of the direction for #2 in the series} and a slightly unfinished quality to it....but that's okay for me with an indie story. I expected that and am willing to take the leap with the author. The plot twist is fun and I wanna take the journey with Quinn and her new friends.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seeds of Discovery.

10/13/2011