Linda Rollins's Reviews > The Traiteur's Ring

The Traiteur's Ring by Jeffrey Wilson

Oct 07, 11

Read from September 29 to October 07, 2011

Received as an Early Reviewer’s copy through LibraryThing

This is an unusual concept for a story: a unique mix of military thriller and supernatural horror.

Ben is a rough, tough US Navy SEAL but he’s also got the mystical powers of a ‘traiteur’. It starts in the jungle where a group of SEALs are hunting down members of Al-Qaeda but it quickly spreads out to encompass voodoo, ESP and magical healing.

At first I found the military language annoying as I didn’t have a clue what they were talking about. In the end I learned just to skim over it, which I thought was rather a shame. I’m afraid I was also a little irritated by the constant repetition of ‘I love you’ between Ben and Christy.

Pace was good and I wanted to keep on reading. The sex and relationship stuff took up too much space for my liking personally but I guess some people like that kind of thing.

I found some of the writing disgustingly descriptive in places, but in an entertaining way. In fact it started to remind me of slasher-horror b-movies and made me laugh out loud (watch out for the bursting eyeball).

Overall, I think this is an entertaining all round good read with a bit of everything for all tastes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Traiteur's Ring.