Moderatrix Lori 's Reviews > Bear, Otter, and the Kid

Bear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. Klune

I really enjoyed this book. Every character was given such a strong voice that you come to feel like you know them, really know them. I was so engaged that I had to send T.J. a message just to let him know how much I hated him for making me neglect everything around me so I could just read. There's a lot of internal dialogue that goes on in Bear's head which was a risk because that doesn't always work. And while at times it did bump up against the line of being too much, for the most part it did work. And what can you say about the Kid. Probably the most endearing character I've ever encountered, he was such a delight. Having solo parented a precocious, only child, I could so relate. It was the surgery channel, not PETA documentaries, in our home...but I got Kid. The need to protect Bear, to grow up faster then a little boy should, to want to know and understand how the world works way too soon...totally relatable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bear, Otter, and the Kid.