Irrish's Reviews > The Invasion of Falgannon Isle

The Invasion of Falgannon Isle by Deborah MacGillivray

May 06, 08

bookshelves: it-s-really-you-not-me-suckage
Read in April, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I love Deborah Macgillivray's Dragons of Challon books and I expected the same level of talent in this book. I got somewhat of a mixed feeling with this one. Don't get me wrong it was a good book. I just felt like the heroine was OVERWHELMINGLY nice and trusting. I couldn't believe her reactions at times. Yeah she did give the hero a taste of his medicine..but not enough! Especially at the level of betrayal that he did. So what if he suffered? Tough. Life sucks that way but he didn't have to take it out on the heroine...especially when she was soooo nice--not only her but the isle's inhabitants treated him like family. He wasn't cruel up front..so that betrayal really took the heroine by surprise. Which is worse.

I could also have done without the cheesy love songs that she managed to throw in. It made me grimace. I'll still continue on to read the next book. In fact, I have it in my TBR pile...I just won't do it right this second. That says something..since I tend to devour books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invasion of Falgannon Isle.