Tamara Rose Blodgett's Reviews > Accordance

Accordance by Shelly Crane

Sep 30, 11

bookshelves: alpha-male, christian, contemporary, paranormal-fantasy, paranormal-powers, paranormal-psychic, paranormal-romance, ya-crossover, action, drama
Read from September 28 to 29, 2011 — I own a copy

I've already read Crane's first book in the Significance Series and liked it a lot. I loved this one. She seems to have really gotten a head o' steam and taken the characters to a new level. The ending was so well-done, I loved it. I think she could even do more action. I especially enjoyed those portions of her novel.

This is definitely morphing into a Christian-themed novel but it's okay for the secular crowd as well. Maggie and Caleb's relationship deepens and the ones' surrounding theirs evolve nicely as well. The pacing, like the first one, was well-done and the dialogue improved. There was some plot twisting at the end that was unexpected and has set up the third novel nicely. If you like themes with alpha-males in protective roles this is a must-buy series. It is not a stand-alone, you'll have to buy "Significance" as well. They were both hard to put down and terrific reading.

*IMHO, Crane's work has the same quality as Amanda Hocking's in this regard: "what's going to happen next?" If you've read Hocking's work and couldn't wait to read the next book, Crane's has that same vibe.

As an aside, I like the interesting book covers Crane has chosen and she's an approachable author; always a plus.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Accordance.

09/29/2011