Jacinda's Reviews > Touch

Touch by Jus Accardo

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: i-want-to-re-read, favorites, read-in-2011
Read on October 01, 2011

My review of Touch on my blog

My Book Boyfriend-Kale!

My 8 reasons why you should read Touch

Touch is one of my favorite books of 2011. There I said it. So don’t be surprised in December when Touch shows up on those lists! I have pre-ordered a paperback copy and I bought it for my Kindle. CRAZY!

I’m writing this review with my heart beating out of my chest and my hands shaking. I have plans to re-read all of this awesomeness again as soon as I’m finished writing this gushing review!

After the above paragraph, you are probably wondering what all the fuss is about. From the first chapter, we are sent on a roller coaster into what I could only describe as a young adult novel with characters who have superhero type powers, but at the same time…entirely different. This seems to be the most fitting way for me to put into words the general theme of this book. Anything I say after the first chapter or so could contain TONS of spoilers, so I’m leaving anything related to this aspect of the story hush, hush.

Our main character Dez is totally bad a*#!!! I’m in love with every single thing about her! She is what a young adult female character should be! She’s rebellious and stands up for what she knows is right.

This book has more layers than a seven-layer dip! Seriously! Once I thought my brain had finally wrapped itself around what was happening, something new was in my face! I had no time to guess any major or even minor plot points! So many twists! The plot was face paced! I can’t believe the author shoved that much action and plot into only 2xx pages! Tons of action! I was wanting to devour every single word. Some action scenes can put me to sleep, not these!

ROMANCE! Dez & Kale! I won’t be able to say enough about these two, but it is one of the best romances in a book I’ve personally read about and enjoyed. Kale is sweet, cute, but more! You just need to read about him for yourself, I’m serious!

The ending was pretty freaking EPIC! Everything came together perfectly, so many different ties that we needed information about. No cliffhanger! That is a total plus, I was reading expecting to throw my e-reader out the window, but Jus Accardo saved us from having to endure torture waiting for book number two. She set the story up brilliantly for another book by adding new elements at the end…she’s just brilliant! Many first books in a series, I can easily pass up reading the subsequent books, but not with the Denazen series!

I will close this review saying I was left with a book high (yep HIGH as a kite!) once I finished that final sentence. If only every book left me and everyone with that same feeling…more people would be avid readers! If the summary didn’t convince you to pick up this book, hopefully my review has done it for you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch.

Quotes Jacinda Liked

Jus Accardo
“He sat up straight, eyes wide, and touched the tip of his index finger to his cheek. "What was that?"
I blushed. "A kiss."
"That's what a kiss feels like?"
"Well, technically. There are a lot of different types of—"
"Show me."
"Show you what?"
"Show me some other kinds."
"You're asking me to kiss you?"

(Dez and Kale)”
Jus Accardo, Touch

10/01/2011 page 43

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) Gosh, I really did love this book. The scenes watching Kale (view spoiler) Can't wait for the sequel!

Jacinda Jen wrote: "Gosh, I really did love this book. The scenes watching Kale [spoilers removed] Can't wait for the sequel!"

My favorite parts as well! WOW! I need to read them again!

message 3: by Nomes (new)

Nomes wow. your review is insanely convincing :)

I'd never even heard of this *off to investigate*

Jacinda Nomes-Let me know if you find it for sale for you to buy. I've only seen it on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

message 5: by Nomes (new)

Nomes Oh, it is not available for Aussies yet :/

BUT I can get it as an ebook ~ so I have it waiting on my wishlist for my next splurge :) (I am planning to make a little dent in my TBR first before getting more books ;))