Felicia Rogers's Reviews > Winter's Shadow

Winter's Shadow by M.J. Hearle

Sep 29, 2011

Read on September 29, 2011

Review of Winter's Shadow by M. J. Hearle

I was lucky enough to receive this from Paranormal Wastelands through a blogger book tour.

Although I've written two paranormal romances, I don't "enjoy" everything paranormal. This is a genre where I can honestly say I've only read a few books. But I have to say this one exceeded my expectations. My favorite part of the entire book was not really the romance, it was very tame, and it wasn't the supernatural aspects, because some of them were sometimes bordering on strange--self sacrificing cats was a new one on me. But if I had to say the part I liked about this book the most, the part that kept dragging me back to the book until I finished it, was the suspense.

Not only does the author writer in vivid detail, using words like an artist wields a brush but he also is a master of suspense. Each time I turned the page I was on pins and needles waiting to see what would happen next.

My only issue with the novel is that I didn't get my HEA, or my happy-ever-after. I know it was alluded to, and perhaps it is the author's intent to bring this about in the sequel. I only hope the publisher gives us readers in other countries the opportunity to finish this riveting new series.

If you are interested in your own copy of M. J. Hearle's Winter's Shadow and you don't live in Australia, which is currently the only place this novel is available, then here is a link for you to purchase-- http://thenile.com.au/books/MJ-Hearle....

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter's Shadow.

09/29/2011 page 325