Lucy Furr's Reviews > Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Abraham Lincoln by Seth Grahame-Smith

Aug 29, 14

bookshelves: historical-fiction, favorites, horror, parody-satire
Read from September 27 to 29, 2011 — I own a copy

I honestly thought this book was going to be very tongue in cheek, very silly, basically something that didn't take itself too seriously and mocked the vampire horror genre (but not Lincoln, I certainly wouldn't have wanted that, and despite what some say, I don't believe it did that). Then, when I first began reading and realized it wasn't going to be complete satire/parody, I was slightly disappointed, but that didn't last long, because the damned book sucked me in. Surely, everyone knows what eventual outcome the story leads to, but if you know more about Lincoln than just the hisotrical outcomes of the things he put in motion, then it really is a trip to read of his life with vampires woven into the storyline. I found this to be a very thrilling, page turning, emotional read. Sure, that probably has to do with the fact that Lincoln was just that awesome of a man, but to imagine him killing vampires with an ax as he made his way through life, well, that's just the icing on the cake.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abraham Lincoln.