Stephanie's Reviews > New Moon

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

May 10, 08

Read in May, 2008

Book club friends: Don't read this until you've finished the book! ;)

I started this last week and got about 100 pages in. And was PISSED! No Edward? I didn't sign up for a Bella series. I want Edward! So in protest, I didn't pick the book back up again for a few days.

Had a night to myself, so I picked it back up last night... and read the whole damn thing. Yeah! Edward came back! I'm so happy. Did I just say that? Am I 14-year-old girl? HA!

I didn't like this one nearly as much as I liked the first, but I did end up enjoying it. I liked the werewolf story and was glad it tied in as easily as it did. I almost got to the point where I was over Edward and wanted Bella to just finally get it on with someone, and Jacob would do. :)

I'll pick up the third book tomorrow, probably. Although I'm skeptical to start it. I don't trust you, Stephenie Meyer! She'll probably go and flippin KILL Edward in the first 100 pages. But... we shall see.

Oh, she totally still uses "chortle" all the time. How weird is that? I guess I'm not very good at overlooking the intended audience because the language is still so stilted and I'm constantly aware of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Moon.