Melinda's Reviews > Cornelia and the Audacious Escapades of the Somerset Sisters

Cornelia and the Audacious Escapades of the Somerset Sisters by Lesley M.M. Blume

May 05, 08

bookshelves: youngadultfiction
Read in April, 2008

Okay novel about a lonely young girl who befriends the old lady next door who tells her wonderful stories about the escapades of the traveling Somerset sisters. That's about it. The dog on the cover, supposedly owned by the author, is cute, and I did like Cornelia's penchant for words, but the novel itself seemed forced and flat. It will probably be made into an okay film. Look for it at theaters near you!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cornelia and the Audacious Escapades of the Somerset Sisters.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren You abviously don't like Teen books! It was much better than you thought! You didn't open your mind to the possibilities! To understand this book you really have to enjoy story telling! I was thrown into emotions! I was happy when she was happy, scared when she was scared, and sad when she was sAd! Re-read it, but this time open your mind to Cornelias point of view! And don't be so CRITICAL, it ruins EVERYTHING!

message 2: by Melinda (last edited May 16, 2010 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Melinda Hello? I thought a review of a book is a person's critical thoughts. They don't have to be your thoughts, but I'm entitled to mine. Thanks, by the way for sharing yours. Also, I love YA literature. Just didn't think this one was very good.