Tara Chevrestt's Reviews > Say You'll Be Mine

Say You'll Be Mine by Julia Amante

Oct 10, 11

bookshelves: 2011-release, netgalley, kindle
Read from October 09 to 10, 2011

This wasn't a bad read, it just didn't wow me either.

Isabel has ran her parents' winery forever and she would like to cut all ties with it and do what she originally wanted to do: live and work by the water. But just as she is about to sell the winery, she has to go to Argentina and take custody of her dead cousin's kids. Why the cousin left childless, divorced, workaholic Isabel her three children nobody knows.

Isabel agrees to hand them over to Ramiro, an uncle of the children after 6 months. She has no time for them and they need to stay in Argentina. But she doesn't count on falling in love with them.

Her ex husband also falls in love with them. Here is where it gets annoying: 1. The ex husband... nice guy but the books goes on and on way too much about his former alcoholism and the wrongs he committed. I began to say, "Okay, I got it, let's move on." 2. He only wants Isabel when she has the children. It's like they are playing house. He wants a ready made family. 3. Everyone hates Ramiro asap and really, what did he do? 4. The story got repetitive. Nick wants Isabel. Isabel pushes him away. They play house. Nice love Isabel. She pushes him away. Over and over... Then Isabel wants the kids. Isabel thinks the kids would be better with Ramiro. Isabel goes back for the kids. Ramiro and her argue. They both want the kids.. and so on.

I think it was a good story, but could have been less drawn and more to the point.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Say You'll Be Mine.

10/09/2011 page 115
30.0% "This takes place in Mendoza, Argentina and the heroine runs a winery.. so when my husband and I were at a restaurant tonight and there was a wine from Mendoza, Argentina on the menu, I had to try it. It was good. :)"