Lacey's Reviews > By The Numbers

By The Numbers by Chris Owen

Sep 30, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, firemen-paramedics-emt, m-m, men-with-kids, series-or-related
Read from September 29 to 30, 2011

I wonder how many people will buy this b/c of the adorable puppy on the cover? :)

ETA - the actual review! :D

It was slow, sweet, and easy with little conflict; it was also really cute. I also thought this was very realistic, unlike a lot m/m. Just a simple story of two guys meeting, becoming friends, getting to know each other - the normal relationship stuff, along with a daughter and three dogs in the mix. This is something minor, but I liked that the authors didn't just sort of "forget" about the puppies. I know some people may think it was too much, but it was very realistic b/c when you have puppies in the house that you're trying to train and stuff, they need almost constant supervision.

The only thing that was really a negative was length and pace of the story. Because there was little conflict or drama, some parts dragged a little, and I found myself getting bored at times. I think if the book had been cut down a little bit, it could have been a perfect little novella. However, I still definitely enjoyed this story, and it's a great read for when you're in the mood for something light but still well-written. (CHOCOLATE read, Luta!!!)

ETA: I marked this as "series-or-related" b/c Chance from Tory Temple's Firefighters appears often in the book; however, this is still definitely a stand alone novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By The Numbers.

09/29/2011
46.0% "It's sweet and easy so far...a little bit too sweet and easy. I find myself stopping for breaks when I get bored."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

MsMiz (Tina) Raises hand.....

Lacey Yay! There's one! :D

Lacey The cover is pretty adorable.

MsMiz (Tina) It is and it really is a very sweet book - a nice slice of life.

Lacey I'm gonna read it soon. I bought it from ARe, but my file messed up. I'm waiting to see if they'll let me download a different format this time.

Lacey ...and I'm glad it was sweet! I'm gonna read it when I need a sweet book!

MsMiz (Tina) Honestly Gina, me too. I swear publishers can get me to buy anything if they put these things on the cover: abs, asses, babies and men with hot abs, puppies....even better, hot man abs with babies and puppies. Go figure.

Lacey LMAO!! If I was drinking something, it would have been all over my computer, too :)

Staceyr DONE! I didn't think I'd ever finish, first 3/4 bored me half to death *guh* but it finally picks up toward the end and then, ironically, ends way too quickly! ;-)

Lacey Yeah, it's really sweet, but not a lot happens, really. Honestly though, it's probably pretty realistic that way...the whole meet, get to know each other, taking it slow kind of thing with no major bumps along the way. The only thing is, though it may be realistic, it does get kind of boring at times. Glad to know it picks up later though! I'm about at the 60% mark so I should be getting there soon!

message 11: by Deja (new)

Deja Dei Gina wrote: "MsMiz (Tina) wrote: "Honestly Gina, me too. I swear publishers can get me to buy anything if they put these things on the cover: abs, asses, babies and men with hot abs, puppies....even better, ho..."

LOL Gina! You better be careful with that spitters anon thing with this crowd. People are gonna get the wrong idea, LMAO