Tvaleros (SpadesHighReads)'s Reviews > The Vanishing Game

The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012-dac, 2012-debut-novels, for-review, own-arc, paranormal-powers, read-ya
Read in February, 2012

3.5 - 4 STARS

The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers has me geeking out!
It's a fun, creepy, touching, and riveting story that will touch your heart!
First off I want to say that although the ending was quaint, light and a bit cliche it was a fitting closure to ease the heartache of all the loss and hurdles that Jocelyn and Noah had to over come. Also, the bits that led to the conclusion more than makes up for the ending.
Kate Kae Myers has wonderfully crafted a mystery that has you baffled in solving the puzzles, astonished on the hard hitting issues of relationships, and taken by the cohesive interwoven stories of each character.
At first, I was spooked out within the first 30 pages that I had to stop and continue in the morning. It plunges straight through to the plot so it will be confusing at first, but once you reach to around the third or fourth chapter you'll be wanting to pay close attention. I thought I could figure out the puzzles right along with Jocelyn and Noah, but if they weren't there giving the answers I would have gotten frustrated, cried and gave up =) Kate Kae Myers really has you on your toes with solving the mysteries, it was fun! The writing is all right and wasn't difficult, but it is the complexity of the story itself that will have you engaged. I can't pick out one character I loved the most because each one I felt a connection to. I felt empathy for the whole foster system and its kids with their struggle and past that they had to endure and experience. It makes me want to be a foster parent, or help out in some way. And it also makes me want to have a twin brother of my own! =) The Vanishing Game is a must read to anyone who has a heart!
A GREAT 2012 MUST READ DEBUT!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vanishing Game.

02/23/2012 page 353