Danica Page (One Page at a Time)'s Reviews > The Moon Coin

The Moon Coin by Richard Due

Nov 30, 11

bookshelves: asked-to-review, fantasy, middle-grade
Read from November 26 to 28, 2011

Let me start out by saying, I loved the illustrations in this novel. Growing up, I used to love to stare at the illustrations in books...and these were top-notch. So props to Carolyn Arcabascio. She is certainly talented. You don't see illustrations like these every day. Just look at the cover art again and you'll see what I mean.

Richard Due's tale follows the adventures of Lily and Jasper Winter. I loved these characters. Due has crafted an imaginative, entrancing tale that middle grade readers (and anybody for that matter) will adore.

His world-building is excellent and his writing style is inviting. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this tale.

I loved the the idea of the moon coin and the moon realms from the moment I read the synopsis and still am intrigued by this tale. I was transported back into the books of my childhood. And I love getting to reminisce about the great book so of my childhood years.

Had I read this book in my childhood, I can only imagine reading this by flashlight long after my bedtime came desperately trying to finish that last page. I'd be turning the pages so fast they would almost be flying and then I'd feel satisfaction and pure joy has I finished the book. Until I realized that the second book wasn't out yet, and I absolutely needed to see what happened next. In that moment, I'd see my dad walk in and yell at me to turn off the lights and I'd go to sleep feeling pure contentment dreaming of what I just read.

In fact, if you eliminate my dad from that image and replace the flashlight to lamp, that's exactly what happened. This was a book that I absolutely adored, and a book that comes highly recommended.

For an extended review, please visit this link.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moon Coin.

11/26/2011 "Finally starting to read this!"