Serena Yates's Reviews > Hunter Angel, Midnight Gamble

Hunter Angel, Midnight Gamble by Ryssa Edwards

Sep 28, 11

bookshelves: m-m
Read in September, 2011 — I own a copy

This third installment of the Immortal Pleasures series is just as great a story as the first two. Azriel, as a hunter, is an interesting character, since he is outside the closer circle of the three archangel brothers we have seen so far. Learning about him and his ‘job’, and the hierarchy in heaven was fascinating. Of course, nobody knows if and how it really works this way, but I find the speculation very worthwhile. The pairing with a purple-haired Goth who runs a gay club, was a stroke of genius that provided many laughs and much entertainment for me.

Azriel is a haunted soul. His job is tough, and he hasn’t always been treated fairly. But, faced with an extremely difficult test of his love, he ‘angels up’ and does the best he can. Encouraged by his human lover, Zane, who is amazingly resistant and not afraid of much, Azriel suddenly has the determination he needs to try to win the challenge.

Zane is a great character. Irreverent, yet deeply in love with Azriel, he is also tested, as seems to be the ‘rule’ in this series. I loved how unafraid he was in places, yet how vulnerable he can be in others. He is a great match for Azriel, even if it takes him a while to get the message.

I’ve really liked each of the books so far and hope there will be many more in the series!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunter Angel, Midnight Gamble.