Crystal's Reviews > Tempest

Tempest by Julie Cross

Nov 09, 11

bookshelves: 2011, arc, own, sc-tour
Read from September 28 to 30, 2011

This book has everything! It is a cross between the Matrix, Conspiracy Theory, and The Bourne series. Very action packed and I have to admit very confusing at times, but in the end all that confusion is well worth it.

What happens in this book is a very intense plot involving several different characters and when you read it, it is like watching a ball of yarn unwind. There are so many secrets that I lost count of how many times I thought I knew something because it turned out to be wrong. I have no idea who to trust and normally this is a bad thing but I love all the mystery involved in this unique story.

Julie Cross does a wonderful job of keeping the reader on their toes and can definitely write an exciting tale. I also appreciate that when Jackson would time jump she would start a new chapter. This helped keep all the confusion to a minimum. I am eagerly waiting for the next installment to see what becomes of every character and if Jackson can save the future from destitute.

This book has already been optioned for a movie and I think it will translate to the theater wonderfully.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~Tina~ How is it so far?

message 2: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal I actually really like it! There are a couple of things that bother me but that is with most books lol. I think you might like it!

Arlene Glad you're liking it. I was worried because I saw it's wasn't a hit for Flann. Can't wait for your rating/review. :)

~Tina~ This really looks like a me book, so I hope it's good:) I'll be looking out for your review hun!

Alexa Whoa, what?? I'm excited now! :D

message 6: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal Alexa I am going to send it out today! I need somebody to talk to about this so read it quick LOL!!!

Alexa lol Okay!
*must finish other books ASAP!*

message 8: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal HURRY!! GO read!! LOL!!!

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko So glad you enjoyed this one Crystal! The synopsis sounds quit interesting.

~Tina~ Your making me excited now Crystal! So glad you liked this!! Yay's!!

message 11: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal Thanks JJJ it was really good.

Tina you are going to LOVE this! I can' wait for you to read it!!

message 12: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Great review Crystal!!

message 13: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal Thanks Amber!

Giselle I'm really curious about this one. The opinions seem to vary a lot. You make it sound good though!

message 15: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal Thanks Giselle! The opinions among my friends have been varied too but I liked it =) I hope you like it too!