Christina's Reviews > A Voice in the Wind

A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers

Sep 27, 11

bookshelves: historical-fiction, audiobook
Read in September, 2011

Beautifully written, vivid, and brutal. This is what immediately comes to mind when I think back on this book. The author doesn't sugar coat anything and you definitely get a good picture of the fall of Jerusalem, slavery, and the decadence of ancient Rome.

I'm a bit cynical so some of the book was a bit sugary sweet for me. I found Hadassah a little unreal. She just seemed too perfect for such a young girl facing such trauma and horror.

I didn't realize that this was the first book in a series and was glad to find out it was. The ending was a bit abrupt and not what I was expecting. I was holding out for a HEA and was a sobbing, tearful mess at the end. I'm glad I get to find out what happened to the others in the next books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Voice in the Wind.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Hey there - thanks for the great review! I am trying to find someone with Voice in the Wind on Nook that would do the "LendMe" option-I so badly want to read it! If you happen to have it on Nook, would you friend request me? I'm Ashley Glover at ash567@gmail.com. Thanks! :)

Christina Hi Ashley. Sorry, I actually listened to the audiobook. Good luck, I hope you get to read it soon!