Nely's Reviews > Dreamland

Dreamland by Alyson Noel

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: for-review, own
Read from September 15 to 27, 2011

Riley's adventures in the Here & Now continue. In this third installment, Riley is suffering the repercussions of having helped restless souls into crossing over without the Council's permission (see Shimmer). The Council has spoken and the verdict was harsher than expected. They've decided that Riley needs time to "grow" and the best way to accomplish that is for her to take a break from soul catching. With no friends aside from Bodhi and Buttercup, Riley feels alone and lost. Luckily she learns about dreamweaving and finds herself on her next adventure... this time, trying to make contact with her sister, Ever.

The thought of being 12... forever, is a hard one to come to grips with, and Riley is having a hard time dealing with it. She wants to turn 13, to finally be a teenager, and when she learns that that is a possibility for her, she wants nothing more than to "grow"... but turning 13 is harder than it seems, especially since she's dead.

Riley is the still the carefree and brave young woman we have all come to know and love. While she still acts like her 12 year old self - throwing trantrums and not giving much thought to consequences beyond the moment, she is finally coming into herself. I loved seeing how she matured as well as the many life lessons she learned throughout the story.

I thought this was a great installment to the series. Not my favorite in the series but a good one nonetheless.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamland.