Liz Reinhardt's Reviews > Between the Lines

Between the Lines by Tammara Webber

Oct 29, 11

bookshelves: currently-reading

I love when a book opens up a world that you know the author really understands. I feel like Tammara Webber knows the world of movies (okay, I totally cheated and stalked her a little, and I know her husband and son work in film), and she let a little door open up for all of us so we could peek in. I loved that the 'bad' wasn't monstrous...because it makes sense that the tabloids would exploit and that actors are (shocking!), just like the rest of us. I don't want to include any spoilers, but I hope the twists with Graham and Brooke get explored more fully in book 2 (which I own, and am going to reward myself with after I finish all I need to get done; by the way, I'm being very productive, because the second book is excellent incentive ;)!). I loved that Reid's character is left open to explore as well. I didn't find him shallow as much as damaged and closed off, and I look forward to seeing him open more. Even if it takes until book 3! I'm definitely a character girl when it comes to reading, and the fact that Tammara Webber is following the same characters through (at least) three books delights me. I loved this book, and I'm excited to dive into the next two and see how Emma grows. Will she be able to hold onto her childhood friends? Will Graham's life prove itself to be too different from hers? Will she and Brooke find common ground? Will she and Reid make permanent peace? Will she become a huge star or choose a different path? I'm itching to know, and can't wait to follow all of them on their journey!!

Quick PS...Did anyone else see Graham as a Joseph Gorden-Levitt type, or am I the only one swooning with him in mind when I read Graham?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Lines.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy For some reason I had a young Heath Ledger in my mind. But I can totally see what you're saying. 500 days of summer. Need I say more? ;)

message 2: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Reinhardt Haha! Mmmmm, young Heath SO works too! I totally went full-on swoon over '500 Days of Summer,' and Graham gave me that same butterfly feeling! I CANNOT wait to read the next one!!!

Lani Young ok im intrigued by this book now and just might have 2 get it!

Molly Ringle I'm maybe halfway through, Liz, but just wanted to say I'm totally picturing Joseph Gordon-Leavitt as Graham. Yum!!

Nikki Great review :) adored this book as well. Starting the next one in this series and I'm sooooooo excited, haha, :P