Veronica~Nhaughty's Reviews > The Devil of Nanking

The Devil of Nanking by Mo Hayder

Sep 27, 11

Read in May, 2006

Haunting... gave this book 4stars because I couldn't put it down...it had a good transition between wartime Nanking & present day Tokyo...I will say that the "magic elixir", once I found out what it was, gave me nightmares days after I finished the book. I will not be able to read it again, and really can't find myself recommending the book because the nature of the massacure in Nanking bothered me so much. It bothered me the most when I kept thinking that really could have happened. Even though the characters are fiction, the war was not...the massacure was not....I guess the evil that man can inflict on each other will never cease to amaze me.

If you have lost a child, I strongly recommend you NOT READ THIS BOOK!!! It has haunted me for days....I can not even begin to describe the horrors inflicted....

However, like I said, I did give it 4stars because it was a well told story, that had my heart racing and on the edge of my seat.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil of Nanking.