Leyla Y's Reviews > Fall

Fall by Colin McAdam

Oct 28, 11

bookshelves: american-humanities-books
Read from September 27 to October 27, 2011

Strange as it seems, this book is not about the season of Autumn. The book is titled after one of the characters names. Fall, short for Fallon. Fall is the name of the girl that is mostly talked about in this book. Two roommates at a prep school share their stories about how their senior years are going. Julius is an athletic guy that happens to be dating the prettiest girl in school. As for Noel, he is the stereotypical intelligent one. Stereotypical as in, he’s an outsider. Both characters are pretty stereotypical. The jock gets the girl and the awkward nerd doesn’t fit in. The only problem is that Noel develops an obsession over Julius’ girlfriend, Fall. But near winter break when Fall disappears, the two of them face adulthood and need to start acting like adults.

I really enjoyed this book. I thought the author did a really good job of organizing it. it was filled with an appropriate amount of detail. Not too little to not get what the the authors saying, and not too much to bore you to death. I really like how not only one character narrated. The author switched between the two main characters. It’s fun to read two different perspectives on the same situation! The only thing the author didn’t do, was explain Fall. Unless I don’t remember, but I didn’t get a great view on Fall. I only learned about her from the two boys’ perspective, but not enough information to fully grasp the idea of her. But that doesn’t make this book one not to read.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and it reflected a lot on teenage life and problems. I would give it a 4 out of 5. McAdams did a nice job on describing teenage life being transferred into adulthood. I think this book would be best if read by guys and girls in their later teens.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fall.