Becky's Reviews > Stepping on Roses, Volume 3

Stepping on Roses, Volume 3 by Rinko Ueda

Nov 11, 11

bookshelves: own-a-copy, favourites, manga-i-own

** spoiler alert ** I read this last night. I'm a bit disappointed with the series. I was hoping it would get a bit better. I mainly got the book because of the artwork, being a sucker for girly pictures with flowers and handsome guys. Next time I will be more careful with the manga I buy.

Soichiro's feelings for Sumi deepen even more in this book. But he's still an utter jerk to her. In the start of the book he actually was quite ok to her, then suddenly he got all horrible again! He also is using her, which is disappointing. I understand he was treated badly as a child and I feel so awful for him, but Sumi is a naive, innocent and kind girl, she doesn't need to get his pain! She also starts to develop feelings for him in this book and does not love Nozomu any longer. I also keep thinking Komai is gay, which is really weird.

Nozomu is not at all likable anymore, he tied her up and wanted them to die together when that house caught fire. He kept her captive in the house as well. I would like Nozomu and Soichiro to get into a fist fight. I'm looking forward to it if It happens in this series!

I will continue reading the series. They are quick mangas to read, so I will get through the next one fast.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stepping on Roses, Volume 3.