Jaime Lester's Reviews > Raised by Wolves

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Sep 26, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-own
Recommended for: Everyone, young adults and bot so young adults like me
Read from September 22, 2011 to July 24, 2012

I saw this book several times at the library and brought it home twice and ended up taking it back without reading it. When I went back a few days ago and couldn't find anything else, I brought it home yet again. This time, I actually starting reading it.... and couldn't put it down. I fell in love with it about 10 pages in.

Raised by Wolves is such a well written story. If there were any editing flaws, I didn't even notice I was so immersed Bryns world. It is fast-paced and exciting, but it is also an emotional story. I loved Bryn from the first page. She is a sarcastic, pain in the butt girl but she is also strong and courageous and loving and respectful. She has issues and heartache and fear that she deals with, but she handles it without being mopey and miserable and whiny about it. She is a great creation. Every character in this book was written well. I was drawn to every one of them, in one form ar another; from Bryn and Chase to Devon and Casey and Ali and Lake. The emotions, from good to bad, through the pack bond or just someones own personal emotions were so strongly written that I felt them myself. I felt like a part of the story, not just an observer. THAT is what I look for in a book. Something that sucks me out of my world into a completely different one. It sounds silly, but thats what reading is about for me, an escape.

This is such a fantastic story. I am glad that I finally took a chance on it. Can't wait to read Trial by Fire. J.L.B is an awesome author. She has a fan in me for life. And, finally, a Werewolf fan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raised by Wolves.