Erin Ashley's Reviews > High Voltage Tattoo

High Voltage Tattoo by Kat Von D

Oct 12, 11

Read from October 03 to 11, 2011

First off I really have to say that this is a wonderful depiction of the tattoo world summarized into one book. From tattoo etiquette to different styles of tattoo, it is all covered. I know this is only one persons view on the tattooing world that she has been in, but her view on it has given me a real insight and taught me things I didn't know before.

Kat Von D, basically most of the general population has heard that name at least once in their life or know exactly who she is. She has had quite a fair bit of spotlight, both negative and positive and personally I believe she got pulled too far into the artificial world that is being a celebrity. That's how I see it. But when I read this book I could see that it was just her and her pen, writing down her experiences, her dreams, her past and present, her inspirations and her powerful loves.

Probably what I liked most about this book was the rules she gave on tattoo etiquette and I loved the tattoo map of her tattoos all over her body. I've always wondered exactly what some of her tattoos meant or what certain ones were exactly and who did them. It is a very detailed map that I spent quite a while admiring.

I loved this book for many other reasons besides the fact that I find Kat fascinating and I have a huge love for tattoos. This book glorifies the art of tattooing in a way that doesn't make it tacky or meaningless. Kat makes it known that tattooing is an art form, not anyone can do it and I believe that whole heartedly. She informs you her own personal reasons for getting a tattoo in the hope that it can be a guideline for someone thinking about getting a tattoo for themselves. Tattooing is an artform that not everyone can bear on their skin, it may sometimes take guts and a strong will to get something permanent inked into your flesh. This is made known throughout this book.

I would recommend this book for anyone who loves tattoos and who also has a love for autobiographies. It is a special kind of book all rolled into one that I think is a wonderful guideline for tattoos and other art forms alike.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read High Voltage Tattoo.

10/03/2011 page 54