Mary 's Reviews > The Dating Detox

The Dating Detox by Gemma Burgess

Oct 06, 11

bookshelves: chicklit, kobo
Read from October 02 to 07, 2011

Sass is a strong character. She has flaws and strength, she has good personality, straight talking, and very likeable.

Had been in about 70 first dates, half of them continued to second dates, being dumped 6 times in in a row in the last 7 years, she believed she had bad luck on dating. So she created 'Dating Sabbatical', complete with rules etc. It's kind of 'detox' for her dating life. No man, no sex, no kissing, no flirting, no 'bastardo'. And it worked well so far. Her life turns completely different in a good way. She has a better sleep, better emotion, higher self acceptance, focus on her job, got pay-raise and promotion, a better relationship with her friends, and HEY! Men start to chase her more (wink..wink..)
The best thing of her dating detox action is that she starts enjoying her life. She's so proud of it and regret for not starting it long times ago. Until she met Jake, a smart, funny, georgous, and sweet guy, and she can't help feeling deeper to him. Would she failed all the rules for him?

Gemma Burgess succesfully connects us to Sass' life. Open-hearted and honest, Sass talked about her relationship with her friends (especially Bloomie and Kate, which I found them interesting), her job and career, her dating disasters and men she's `experienced'. Now after she got her life easier, she was so scared on relationship, but she made me proud with took the risks for her truly love.

`The Dating Detox' is a book about friendships, solidarity and personal growth. The plot was light, entertaining, funny and real. The writing feels warm, lovely and effortless. It's refreshing and although I like A Girl Like You more, it's still one that I will recommend to single girl friends
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dating Detox.