Tressie Lockwood's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Oct 13, 2011

liked it
Read from September 26 to October 13, 2011

I don't know why I've taken so long to do this review. I wish I had done it right away with all my thoughts fresh. Let me just say that I agreed pretty much with those that I read that gave the book one star. I didn't give it a one star because it did keep me reading. I didn't put it down because I kept hoping for the magic of the first three books. I kept hoping for something major to happen with Simon.

I think I wrote on my FB page that I'd heard this book would be from Simon's point of view. Maybe it was meant that a lot of the focus or drive of the plot was about Simon. I suppose it was. (view spoiler)

And Jace. Oh my, I liked him pretty much in previous books, but the constant reminders of how perfect and beautiful he is got old. Especially because he was depressed the entire book. I didn't feel sorry for him because I no longer liked him. He whined a lot, and that whole love you like the breath I breathe thing with some YA just because insufferable.

I was just okay with the number of relationships in this story. Too many in one book, I think. Too many in trouble. I was glad to see Magnus and Alec back. (view spoiler)

I feel like everyone who disliked the book in that the series should have stopped at book three. I wasn't fond of who the ultimate bad guy in this book was and HATED the ending. I HATE HATE HATE (I can't say it enough) where this is leading for the next book.

So that's my review. I wanted to be gentler with this as I hate bad reviews, but I will end on it's still an entertaining read that keeps you turning pages, if only to discover where the author was going and to hold to the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.