Margaret Zhang's Reviews > The Dance of Connection: How to Talk to Someone When You're Mad, Hurt, Scared, Frustrated, Insulted, Betrayed, or Desperate

The Dance of Connection by Harriet Lerner

F 50x66
Oct 14, 2011

liked it
Read from October 11 to 14, 2011

As someone who's already read "The Dance of Anger", "The Dance of Intimacy", and "The Dance of Deception", many of the concepts in this book were quite redundant. However, because the concepts are so (!) good, practical, and practicable, I was grateful for all the reminders that I needed to hear! I recommend that you choose the first Lerner book you read wisely - pick the one that appeals most to you, because that one will be your favorite!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dance of Connection.

message 1: by Veronica (new)

Veronica I think this is by the same person who wrote "The Dance of Anger." It was a really helpful book for someone like me who has a tendency to display anger in a potentially unhealthy way. It also has helped greatly in my relationships, and to give me some peace of mind. Let me know how this book is!

Margaret Zhang I LOVE "The Dance of Anger". I read "The Dance of Intimacy" first, though, so that one's probably going to stay my favorite... there's substantial repetition in all her books. However, I'm almost finished with this one, and even though I've heard a lot of the same concepts about three times already (:D), it was really nice to get the helpful reminders! I think that "The Dance of Deception" had more interesting concepts, though, if you've already read "The Dance of Anger", so I would probably recommend reading that one over this one. :)

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Thanks! :)