Cassandra (The Huge Anime Fan)'s Reviews > The Sleepwalkers

Oct 27, 14

bookshelves: occult, young-adult
Read from November 30 to December 18, 2011

Full, non-spoiler review courtesy at Book & Movie Dimension a Blog

The Sleepwalkers was some horror novel! When Caleb returns to his hometown of let's say country people or southern folk this novel gets way stranger. This is a story with lots of mystery that has to do with a small town involved in some disturbing behavior. A while back in Caleb's hometown children began disappearing and everyone just turned their back on it all. A mistake really since now there are white cloaked, freaky, creatures hunting the town's inhabitants. Behind these figures exists a darker design at work. Caleb ,our main male lead, finds on his return to said town his childhood friend, Christine, and his own father is missing pushing Caleb to uncover the madness surrounding these "Sleepwalkers". By then the story gets actually terrifying with the inclusion of these twisted and vicious Sleepwalkers. The flow of the story is a smooth force that has this heady, desperate sense that is likable since it comes off to scare you. For though this is a horror/mystery novel it definitely has its own romance moments which are obvious from how devoted Caleb is to save Christine, the girl he finds himself increasingly thinking about.

The characters in The Sleepwalkers are really interesting characters. Told from a male point of view which has an intriguing storytelling to it. With Caleb being such a strait-laced guy which is refreshing. Christine, Caleb’s love interest, is a pretty determined, opinionated, and all-around charismatic character as well. Then there is Caleb’s best friend Bean, he brings in lots of comedic relief in how he is very frank and just plain goofy. All the characters are good in their own way. The book sets a lilting tone of obscurity that is complementing on the whole.

This is one novel to be on the lookout for, if your a horror/mystery fan with its surreal tone of voice that is worthy of uncovering by any reader.
Overall: Amazon read!
Genre: Horror, Mystery/Suspense, Young Adult, Occult, Psychological

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sleepwalkers.

11/30/2011 page 100

Leslie (Working for the Mandroid) This book freaked me out. I could not read it before bed like I normally do. Hope you enjoy it!

Cassandra (The Huge Anime Fan) Leslie wrote: "This book freaked me out. I could not read it before bed like I normally do. Hope you enjoy it!"

Thanks Leslie! Just finished. It's great.