Tvaleros (SpadesHighReads)'s Reviews > Touch

Touch by Jus Accardo

Sep 26, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-own, favorites, for-review, paranormal-powers
Read in November, 2011 — I own a copy

As an opener I'd like to say that 'Touch' by Jus Accardo is for the older (mature) young adults. There are at least 3 vivid steamy scenes especially for those whose imagination easily gets away from them =) and the 'Sh*t' word is also thrown here and there.

It took me awhile in the beginning to get into the book because the style is much different than what I'm use to reading. Don't expect 'TOUCH' to be sugar coated and gum drops. This is not to say that I didn't like it because I DEFINITELY did! It was AWESOME! I enjoyed it!
The characters all have strong personas and you can easily connect with each one. Each character will have you on a up and down emotional spiral with their own individual life story. Deznee is so not your usual typical heroine/protagonist. She is one kick-butt, take no crap, sarcastic, and adrenaline junky kind of girl! In the beginning I felt like she was taking things a little too over board with the whole "what can I do to piss-off dad". But in the end I empathized for her and for the reasons she has for her madness. Kale is the most adorable, innocent, but at the same time lethal kind of guy. He puts a whole new twist to devotion/possessiveness and just makes it sexy and appealing.
The ending was like a breathe of fresh air because it didn't leave me hanging or disappointed, but the last paragraph did leave me a bit confused. Hopefully 'TOXIC' Book #2 will clear that up for me.
Jus Accardo did an excellent job in mixing gut wrenching suspense, romance, and action pack scenarios into 'TOUCH' that I'm dying to read what happens next. A DEFINITE MUS READ!

Thank you Entangled Publishing for TOUCH!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch.