Darla's Reviews > The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King

Sep 26, 11

bookshelves: thriller, 2011
Read from September 25 to 26, 2011

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon was a good, fun, fast read. Who could not love this nine year old girl(who was going on ten and big for her age)? She was spunky, funny, and as level-headed as a girl in her situation could be. I loved her ability to humor herself and to find humor in the smallest things that so many people never ponder. I am a firm believer that most people would do everything in their power to live through anything, but there are some who would probably just lie down and die. So, although she was brave, I think not unusually so, given her circumstance. What was noteworthy was her determination to do what she knew was right, by checking herself, sometimes many times over.

Stephen King is an excellent writer without all of the pomp that the old classic authors use (which I usually prefer). He gets to his point with simple language, yet he is able to draw you in and make you feel and understand the predicament of his characters.

This story was very good and well told, yet it was short therefore falling a bit flat. I enjoyed it but it was more of a short story. I tend to love the long, drawn out classics. King's books It and Misery serve as much better stories for other readers like me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon.