Jennifer Wardrip's Reviews > Double Take

Double Take by Catherine Coulter

Nov 08, 12

bookshelves: read-personally-by-moi

Unbelievable...and by that, I mean literally unbelievable.

A rundown of the first chapter: An FBI agent sees an unknown woman get punched in the face, and then the assailant pulls a knife on her. When said FBI agent yells at the assailant, he runs away, after tossing the woman over the side of the pier into the bay. FBI agent, because he's not only an FBI agent but also an honorable man, rescues woman from the ocean, and revives her with CPR. Then, because she tells him to, he doesn't call the police. Instead, FBI agent carries (still) unknown woman to his personal vehicle, drives (still) unknown woman to her mansion home, takes (still) unknown woman upstairs to her bedroom and her master bath, then strips down (still) unknown woman and himself to their underwear and gets into a warm shower with her. Then, FBI agent puts on men's clothes that (still) unknown woman provides for him, and decides he will now call someone he knows in the local police department.

And then, finally, finds out who unknown woman is.

T-o-t-a-l-l-y unbelievable. Not to mention that the dialogue throughout the book is so stilted that I found myself groaning more often than grinning. Where I used to love the Dillon and Savich stories, Ms. Coulter's newer works have left me longing for the books of old.

If you must, check DOUBLE TAKE out from your local library. Or wait until it comes out in paperback. In my opinion, it's definitely not worth the hardcover price.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Take.

message 1: by Deb (new) - rated it 3 stars

Deb I'm currently listening to the audio CD's (checked out from the library), and I know exactly what you mean! I'm on CD6 (of 12?), and have repeatedly rolled my eyes at the dialogue. I was hoping it was the female actress being HIGHLY Melodramatic, but I fear now that it's just how it's written. I'm finding it cheesy and unimaginative.