Kristin (Better Read Than Dead)'s Reviews > The Dark Fae

The Dark Fae by Terry Spear

Nov 30, 11

Read from November 17 to 30, 2011

Anyone who knows me, knows I love all things Fae. Heck, I even tease my daughters, telling them that my flower bed is a secret faerie garden. When asked by Terry Spears to review The Dark Fae, I jumped at the chance, not to be disappointed. I adored that part of the story took place at South Padre Island...I am from Texas after all, plus I adore the ocean. Deveron and Alicia were fun as guides in their crazy world.

Alicia has always known she can see Fae but she has never known how deeply her sight is implanted in her. When she sees "the evil" dark fae flirting with her best friend, Alicia throws ice cold coke on him. I would have paid to see his face...especially since he is fae royalty. Deveron realizes immediately that there is something different about Alicia. Through several laugh provoking experiments, he figures out that she can see even invisible fae. It doesn't take him long to figure out she needs protection and he is the only one who can help; neither of them know exactly what they are getting themselves into.

While I definitely enjoyed this fantastical tale, I didn't find the world as intriguing as I would have liked. There was something missing that didn't pull me deep into the story.

The Dark Fae was a quick and fun story. I loved the interaction between Deveron, Alicia, and Ritasia (Deveron's sister). They were quirky, quick-witted, and exciting.

*I was given an e-book copy of The Dark Fae by Terry Spear in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Fae.