Jennifer K Jovus's Reviews > Indelible

Indelible by Lani Woodland

Sep 26, 11

Indelible starts off with a new school year for Yara. She has been away from her friends for the summer in Brazil training with Vovo on how to be a good Waker and to control her Waker abilities. She and her friends are excited to reunite and resume a normal school year. Or so they thought....

Yara's abilities haunt her wherever she goes. She is learning to cope with the realization that she will see and deal with ghost in every aspect of her life. She also has unique abilities that are enhancing and disturbing her Waker skills. Her relationship with Brent is even better in this book, not only because we get to see them interact as a couple but because they function much more realistically - its not all roses anymore.

Unfortunately for Yara, she is learning that there are people in both of her worlds (physical and spiritual) that would take advantage of her and her skills. As Yara develops her waker skills she becomes more confident and afraid of her own power. Vovo plays a bigger part in this book and she is a character that I really enjoy reading about. I can imagine that Yara will someday be much like her Vovo.

I liked that we got to see more of Cherie and Steve in Indelible. They play a larger roll in the plot and become a dependle support group for both Yara and Brent. There are new characters introduced that throw in an unexpected twist on the story. I hope we get to see more of them in the next book.

The first qaurter of Indelible isn't as exciting as Intrinsical and I was worried that I was going to be dissapointed. Then BAM! I couldn't put it down! I won't say anything else about the sudden excitement for fear of spoilers. Just trust me on this one - as hard as it is to believe, Indelible trumps Intrinsical.

What I liked about Intrinsical is that Yara is no longer fighting who she is. With the help of friends and family she is growing into a strong young woman who stands firm in her beliefs, thinks things through before acting and is learning to serve the unseen selflessly. I for one can't get enough of The Yara Silva Trilogy.

And the ending freaking rocked. (I actually giggled with happy anticipation!)

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Indelible.