Danielle's Reviews > A Spy at Home

A Spy at Home by Joseph Rinaldo

Oct 04, 11

bookshelves: for-review, drama
Read from September 26 to October 02, 2011

A Spy at Home was an enjoyable read. I don't often read books written in the first person and it was a different experience. The premise of the book is so serious I was worried that it might be too heavy for me. It wasn't though. The story opens up on the narrator, Garrison Stonebrook, telling his wife how he came to steal 9.5 million dollars from the US government.

There are plenty of times in the book that I found myself laughing at the way these two very "normal" characters handled being criminals. I loved Louisa. She made me smile often throughout the book.

I never quite knew what to expect, from how Garrison and Louise became parents, to the tragic death of Louisa, all the way to the unexpected end of the novel! This book was full of surprises and I found myself completely enjoying the story.

There were some typos and a handful of awkward sentences that tripped me up, but nothing that took away from the overall enjoyment of the novel. The first person narrative jumps around a little bit, so not everything is completely chronological, but I never got confused so I didn't mind that too much.

A Spy at Home was delightful, I look forward to seeing what else Joseph Rinaldo comes out with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Spy at Home.