Nichole's Reviews > Deal Breaker

Deal Breaker by Harlan Coben

Oct 20, 11

Read from September 26 to October 20, 2011

I have read several independent thrillers by Coben but this was my first of the Myron Bolitar series. When I first heard about it, I really wasn't all that interested but after hearing several friends tell me they loved the series I had to give it a shot, as well as the fact I just love Coben's thrillers!

It wasn't far into the book that I absolutely loved Bolitar! The mix of the sports agent and investigation background, I really had no idea how good it would be but I really enjoyed the book. This story could have gone in so many ways, as I was guess until the last two chapters as who did it. That is one of the reasons I love Coben's writing so much. He gives you a great story, lots of hints and clues as to what is going on but leaves you guessing and usually a good shocker at the end as to what really happened and why.

The dialogue and the characters really draw you into the book. Win's character is one you could love and hate at the same time, as well as Bolitar. Coben did a great job with the first of the series and I look forward to reading the rest as I have seen I have several to go before I can read the recent addition to my library of the most current of the series.

I didn't discover Coben until a few years ago, but he immediately found his way to the top of my favorite thriller writers, which includes J.T. Ellison and Mark Greaney- both worthy of checking out if you enjoy exciting and thrilling stories!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deal Breaker.