curious little beastie's Reviews > Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

That's the fastest I've finished a book in a long while.

I loved both Will Graysons. But as I was reading it, I couldn't help but be more anxious to read will's chapters instead of Will's (notice the difference in capitalization of the W) simply because I relate to will so much. He reminds me of, well, me. The things he felt were things that I'd felt once too.

Will was also an awesome character, even though I couldn't exactly relate to him much. And Tiny Cooper... God, I loved Tiny.

I'm so mad at myself for not reading this gem sooner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Will Grayson, Will Grayson.

Quotes curious little beastie Liked

David Levithan
“i am constantly torn between killing myself and killing everyone around me. those seem to be the two choices. everything else is just killing time.”

David Levithan
“everyone in our school has afterschool activities. mine is going home.”

David Levithan
“now, if there's anything stupider than buddy lists, its lol. if anyone ever uses lol with me, i rip my computer right out of the wall and smash it over the nearest head. i mean, it's not like anyone is laughing out loud about the things they lol. i think it should be spelled loll. like what a lobotomized person's tongue does. loll. loll. i can't think anymore. loll. loll! or ttyl. bitch, you're not actually talking. that would require actual vocal contact or <3. you honestly think that looks like a heart? if you do, that's only because you'v never seen scrotum. (rofl! what? are you really rolling on the floor laughing? well, please stay down there a sec while i KICK YOUR ASS)”
tags: humor

David Levithan
“this is why we call people exes, I guess - because the paths that cross in the middle end up separating at the end. it's too easy to see an X as a cross-out. it's not, because there's no way to cross out something like that. the X is a diagram of two paths.”

David Levithan
“maybe tonight you're scared of falling, and maybe there's somebody here or somewhere else you're thinking about, worrying over, fretting over, trying to figure out if you want to fall, or how and when you're gonna land, and i gotta tell you, friends, to stop thinking about the landing, because it's all about falling.”

David Levithan
“when things break, it's not the actual breaking that prevents them from getting back together again. it's because a little piece gets lost -- the two remaining ends couldn't fit together even if they wanted to. the whole shape has changed.”

John Green
“Tiny Cooper is not the world's gayest person, and he is not the world's largest person, but I believe he may be the world's largest person who is really, really gay, and also the world's gayest person who is really, really large.”
John Green, Will Grayson, Will Grayson

David Levithan
“You know what’s a great metaphor for love? Sleeping beauty. Because you have to plow through this incredible thicket of thorns in order to get to beauty, and even then, when you get there, you still have to wake her up.
— Tiny Cooper”
tags: love

John Green
“NO. No no no. I don't want to screw you. I just love you. When did who you want to screw become the whole game? Since when is the person you want to screw the only person you get to love? It's so stupid, Tiny! I mean, Jesus, who even gives a fuck about sex?! People act like it's the most important thing humans do, but come on. How can our sentient fucking lives revolve around something slugs can do. I mean, who you want to screw and whether you screw them? Those are important questions, I guess. But they're not that important. You know what's important? Who would you die for? Who do you wake up at five forty-five in the morning for even though you don't even know why he needs you? Whose drunken nose would you pick?!”
John Green, Will Grayson, Will Grayson

01/17/2012 page 27
8.0% ""everyone in our school has afterschool activities. mine is going home." Oh my God, this guy is so me."
01/17/2012 page 54
17.0% "xD I don't know why I held off on reading this."
01/17/2012 page 152
47.0% "Fucking hell. I want to beat myself up for not reading this sooner. It's fantastic."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) You're right; I also preferred will's chapters. Will was fine (and quite adorable!), but I felt like will was just a bit more real. You know?
Plus, he's one of the first fictional gay characters I've come across who's not scared about everyone knowing he's gay, but instead thinks that it's simply none of their damn business. I find that so cool. *sigh*
If he were straight (and real), I'd so have him.
And I'm sorry that you've ever felt as low as will had. I hope your life's better now?

curious little beastie I personally prefer him because... my GOODNESS, he was so much like me that it was kind of scary.

And yes, my life is definitely looking up, which I'm very glad about. ^^ It's been looking up ever since I moved out of that wretched public school and my parents finally signed me up for homeschooling. Took a lot of convincing.

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) I'm glad, too. :) Nobody deserves a shitty life.
I dont want to assume, but I'm guessing it has to do with your sexuality in such an orthodox country? Wow. i cannot possibly imagining having to deal with something like that on my own. Hey, homeschooling? Best solution ever. Sounds like your parents understand...?

curious little beastie I haven't told anyone in my life the truth, you know. Only my online friends know.

Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books fαuzαn | wιld нearт wrote: "I haven't told anyone in my life the truth, you know. Only my online friends know."

I assume my parents know about me, its pretty damn obvious but I've never outright told them that I date boys and girls...

message 6: by curious little beastie (last edited Mar 29, 2012 09:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

curious little beastie Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "fαuzαn | wιld нearт wrote: "I haven't told anyone in my life the truth, you know. Only my online friends know."

Maybe someday you will, but for now all us online friends are here if you need us =)..."

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "fαuzαn | wιld нearт wrote: "I haven't told anyone in my life the truth, you know. Only my online friends know."

Agreed.
Skyla, you sweetie, you're a bisexual? Wow, I never knew. Thanks for sharing! XD

message 8: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela I'm actually planning to tell my second oldest sister, because I might be able to trust her. Although I don't know. I'm kind of afraid she might tell my parents and they would like...take me to a shrink or a psych ward or something. Cause being gay is a very alien thing where I live. It never comes up in conversation and...it just doesn't exist, pretty much.

Aww, I feel like giving you a hug!

the scarecrow fαuzαn | wιld нearт wrote: "Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "fαuzαn | wιld нearт wrote: "I haven't told anyone in my life the truth, you know. Only my online friends know."

Maybe someday you will, but for now..."

For what it's worth, my family found our via my Facebook (which is why I ditched it asap) and they threatened to take me to a shrink. I know exactly how it feels to be alienated for being who you are. Asian families can be quite intolerant in those ways. My parents raised me in New Zealand for most of my life and even then they thought there was something wrong with me. But, that's not the point. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'll always be here, ok? So don't give up just yet!

And for the love of all things holy, don't tell people until you trust them! You don't want to end up like Paulo Coelho - his parents got his electroshock therapy just because he wanted to be a writer. Parents, they're all crazy eh?

Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books @ Fauzan. I second Angela's motion for hugs *hugs*

@ Mel. Thanks.

Now in the words of Ianto Jones:

"[Being bisexual is] the worst of any world because you don't really belong anywhere, because you are never sure of yourself or those around you. You can't trust in anyone, their motives or their intentions. And because of that, you have, in a world that likes its nice shiny labels, no true identity." <--- This is sort of how I feel most of the time.

message 11: by curious little beastie (last edited Mar 29, 2012 09:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

curious little beastie @Angela & Skyla: Thank you. <3 That's sweet of you.

@Scarecrow: Yeah, I'm still very hesitant on telling my sister. Because there's still a huge part of me that doubts that she would understand or accept it. And thank you. ^^ I'm not exactly giving up, but well....I'm just wondering how in the hell am I supposed to ever tell anyone here in my real life?

the scarecrow fαuzαn | wιld нearт wrote: "@Angela & Skyla: Thank you. <3 That's sweet of you.

@ Skyla: But, as a friend of mine one said - being bisexual means you can reach down someone's pants and be happy with WHATEVER you find, and everyone likes an easygoing partner! :D Always a bright side~

@ Fauzy (can I call you that? Is that ok?): If you don't trust her, please don't. I mean, have you ever seen Glee on Starworld? They fucking censor every Kurt/Blaine or Santana/Brittany handholding moment, when every hetero character dry humps each other against every viable surface. Asia, I've found, isn't very gay-tolerant. I'm not trying to freak you out or be a drama queen, just telling you from personal experience (I'm Asian too, you see). When you're able to financially support yourself, they'll have no way to control your life, and then you're free to be whoever you want to be. Tell the people you truly, really trust. Until then, just know that there will definitely be a time when NO-ONE but YOU can have a say in your choices.

curious little beastie Yes, of course you can call me that! In fact, I encourage everyone to. :p I only watch Glee online, but here in local TV there's Glee as well, and I'm definitely sure that everything with Klaine and Brittana is censored or cut out.

And I mean, I thought about telling her, and was actually about to once, but it just seems like a huge risk.

So you were sent to a shrink and stuff? How were things after? Like, how are things with you now?

Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books @ scarecrow. I guess that is true ;)

On the other hand when I tell people I get a lot of questions like "Do you have a lot of threesomes?" or I get guys saying "Alright bisexual girlfriend threesome is so happening." I've dumped plenty a guy for that and then girlfriends just tell me I'm a lesbian but haven't fully committed yet or I'm straight but like to play on the other side of the tracks.

None of the above is true. I fall for the person not their physical sex, sexual identity or gender identity.

@fauzan. If you don't feel comfortable telling her for the time being don't.

the scarecrow Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "@ scarecrow. I guess that is true ;)

Yep, totally right? Why is it that people assume that when you're bisexual, you're just out for a flighty good time all the time? As if you can't take a relationship seriously without having to commit to only one gender?

And don't even get me started on the girls who try make out with you to impress guys. Oh come ON. COME ON. Bisexual does NOT mean people enjoy getting played. Oi ve.

Btw, while we're on the topic, if you don't see gender, wouldn't that make you pansexual? I prefer to refer to myself as that, simply because I never consider gender to be relevant. Plus, that helps me avoid the "oh you're bi? Sweet, threesome!" expectations.

Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books the scarecrow wrote: "Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "@ scarecrow. I guess that is true ;)

I guess so. I'm not really a label person I just let people decide what they want to classify me as. I date people based on their personality more than anything else, although good looks do get you somewhere too =)

I usually go with the "I'm attracted to people" thing, however I do go through sort of phases where I only want to date guys or I only want to date girls (I have no idea why).

the scarecrow Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "the scarecrow wrote: "Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "@ scarecrow. I guess that is true ;)

Honestly, wouldn't the world be a much better place if everyone just dated "people" and we never had to label folks based on who they want to go to bed with? Humans. Yeesh.

Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books the scarecrow wrote: "Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "the scarecrow wrote: "Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "@ scarecrow. I guess that is true ;)

On the other hand when I tell people I ..."

Yes, yes it would be a better place. As someone once said: "I love another human being. How is that a bad thing?"