Jacqui's Reviews > Mini Shopaholic

F 50x66
Sep 26, 2011

did not like it
Read in September, 2011

I've always enjoyed the Shopaholic series, as it's a great beach read. Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) is a zany character who gets in scrapes, but is ultimately lovable.

Perhaps that was true for the first 5 books in the series. By this point, the schtick has worn down to a nub. Becky is a materialistic liar and she becomes less sympathetic with each book. A more stable woman would have been deserted at this point in real life, or even in any good book. Not only is she the Poster Child for financial and personal irresponsibility, she's raising a daughter who's going in the same path.

From reading the book jacket and the first ten pages, I was able to predict the end. Hopefully, this will be the final book in the Shopaholic series (they made a dreadful film out of the first one); it's the same story over and over again...Bex gets into a scrape, lies her way into an even deeper hole, and her long-suffering parents and husband rescue her just in time! Fun the first five times...let's just say the 6th time is not the charm.
28 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mini Shopaholic.

02/15 marked as: read

Alida Lo Brano I'm reading it, and I must say I'm struggling to get to the end of this book. I enjoyed the series but with this book I feel mad and angry at Becky, and I'm tired of reading the same old story, it's not even funny anymore. And I hate Minnie...she's an absolute pain!!!

Tina Just chiming in to say that Minnie is a terror!